||Review of subsistence methods and intro to Economic Anthropology
- DO: Can you remember the features of the different subsistence methods? Timed group game.
- IT’S OK TO BE WRONG: Do you think foragers and horticulturalists feel differently about their work than we feel about ours in the US?
- SLIDES: AHD Chapter
- AHD: 374-380
||Distribution and exchange
- IT’S OK TO BE WRONG: What kinds of monthly costs do adults in the US have?
- IT’S OK TO BE WRONG:
- AHD: 380-382
- DO: find/make images of typical food items
- DO: get into groups of 6 and choose a group team/mascot/animal/etc
- IT’S OK TO BE WRONG: what are some of the times we give gifts and our rules attached to giving gifts?
- SLIDES: Potlatch
- VIDEO: Importance of Potlatch
- VIDEO: Potlatch
- AHD: 382-384
- DO: Potlatch activity (from STA)
- HW: write paragraph about what could be done to alleviate world hunger and food shortages. Try to think like and economic anthropologist.
- Finish handout and check second part of this Outline
- Show me what you understand!
- DO: relax! Play anthropology Pictionary.