||Intro to Human Diversity
- VIDEO: Why do humans dance? And Miss World – what would be the American dance?
- IT’S OK TO BE WRONG: what makes anthropology different from other fields that study human beings?
- SLIDES: intro to anthro and k14e_1
- PACKET: Chpt 1 reading guide
- AHD: “Give me a hug” read and discuss 6-7
- DO:compare and contrasts thanksgiving rituals
- HW: read Mother Cow from Cows Pigs Wars Witches (honors) or this for CP
||Continued and general anthropology
- IT’S OK TO BE WRONG: what very very famous American had an anthropologist as a mother? (then read AHD:16-17)
- IT’S OK TO BE WRONG: what are some ways that humans adapt to high mountain altitudes
- AHD: 4-9
- DO: in a group, summarize the key points (as bullets) from this intro to anthro tutorial
- IT’S OK TO BE WRONG: what do you think the four main fields of anthropology are?
- AHD: 9-13
- DO: check out this anthro news site, choose 6 articles, and identify which anthro field they are
||Anthro vs other fields
- IT’S OK TO BE WRONG: revisit first discussion
- IT’S OK TO BE WRONG: what kind of jobs could a cultural anthropologist get after graduation?
- VIDEO: jobs for cultural anthropologists
- DO: read about companies that hire anthros
- AHD: 13-15
- HW: think of 5 companies and make a list of how each could use anthropologists to improve their specific business