Important Information about Grading!!!!
This class is about the WHOLE design process.
That means that even if you have the most amazing CAD drawing ever, if you do not complete the other parts of the project, you will receive an F.
For each project you need to:
1) Identify the problem
2) Research the problem and existing solutions, and produce a “design brief” with text and images of your research.
3) Come up with 8 thumbnail and 3 rough sketches of ideas. Take into consideration all AESTHETIC and ERGONOMIC and USER EXPERIENCE issues.
4) Pick the best (and consult with me about which is the best) and make a more finished drawing/wireframe.
5) Create CAD drawing of design (or maybe a real model)
6) Critique your design with the class and make changes. Take notes during the critique of your project.
7) Make any changes you need to the design.
8) Present your finished design with an oral presentation
9) Reflect on the process and product
You will keep all of steps 1-7 on your Carbonmade portfolio site
40% – Weekly project progress – Citizenship (conduct and work ethic)
45% – Quality of completed projects
15% – Participation/critique / Scrum Stand Ups