STEM/STEAM Design Lab Syllabus
Essential Questions (that we have to ask ourselves again and again):
- How can design solve problems and improve digital or real life products?
- How can I incorporate Art into the Design Process?
- What makes a design good or bad?
- What are the important considerations in architectural/industrial/web design?
- Technically, how do I create a and isometric drawing, an orthographic projection, and a CAD design?
Content (what are we going to learn?)
- Technical Drawing
- SketchUp Pro
- History of design and architecture
- Personal expression
- Visual problem solving
- Working as a group in an Agile environment
- How to participate in a critique
Outcomes (what will we be able to do?)
- Consciously make choices that communicate ideas and solve problems in our models
- Demonstrate proficiency in mechanical drawing and CAD software and HTML/CSS
- Solve visual problems creatively
- Reflect on design work of ones own and of others
- Engage in the Agile process
- Participate constructively in critiques
Assessments (what things will be graded?)
- Written Assignments
- Digital Skills Assignments
- Presentation Projects
- Final Project
- In-class projects – Quality and Weekly progress
- Critiques / Scrum stand ups
Grading Criteria (what is our grade based on?)
- Level of Self-Challenge
- Content and communication of work
- Rubric of each assignment
- Effort and Attitude
50% – Weekly project progress
25% – Quality of completed projects
15% – Participation/critique / Scrum Stand Ups
10% – Citizenship (conduct)